Suck training exercises can work to increase baby's oral strength and help them transfer milk more effectively and efficiently.
- Use CLEAN HANDS with short fingernails
- Stroke baby's UPPER LIP to encourage him/her to open wide
- Place your finger, nail side down, into baby's mouth around mid-tongue (if baby's tongue doesn't curl around your finger, stroke the roof of mouth)
- Gently PRESS DOWN while stroking the tongue forward
- Allow baby to suck your finger back into his/her mouth
- Repeat this 3-4 times or until tongue comes forward over the gums
Questions? Schedule a consult with one of our lactation consultants to evaluate your baby's feeding. **Most major insurance accepted!**