NEW SATURDAY CLASS!
Join our International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) for an informative and interactive class on breastfeeding. Taking a breastfeeding class prenatally will help prepare you to achieve a successful breastfeeding experience. During the class, we will discuss:
- Advantages of breastfeeding
- Breast anatomy
- Proper latching technique
- How to position and hold your baby for a more comfortable breastfeeding experience
- How to establish a good milk supply
- How to know if your baby is getting enough to eat
- How partners can participate in the breastfeeding experience
- Breastfeeding resources and support groups
- How to address the challenges of breastfeeding
Attendants will receive:
- A Breastfeeding Parent Guide. A special code on the Parent Guide will allow you to access videos and information from home.
- Folder with important breastfeeding handouts
- Snacks and drinks will be provided
Mothers should take this class early in their third trimester and partners are encouraged to attend. Be sure to register early as our class size is extremely limited! This class is about 2.5 - 3 hours in length so please wear comfortable clothes.
Cedar Park Regional Medical Center
Classroom 1 & 2 on the First Floor of the Hospital
(Enter the hospital and turn right once at Cafeteria. Turn left at the first hallway and class will be the first door on the left.)
1401 Medical Parkway
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
This is my 2nd baby and although I breastfeed my 1st for 15 months the first 6 months of BFing were very rough because I never took time to get educated. My husband I and both agreed that becoming more informed this time will help empower us to be more successful.
I left feeling positive that I have the knowledge, resources, and now connection with Diba to help me when I need it.
I say don't wait till your baby is born only to be guessing or give up because you didn't inform yourself. You'll be thankful you took the time to take this class!