Due to the COVID-19 crisis, all our classes will be taught virtually until further notice. See our Webinar Classes page for details. Please know that we are monitoring the situation and will adjust our plan according to the guidelines set forth from the CDC, WHO, and local and state health agencies. We will continue to communicate our updated preparedness plan on our website, via email, and on our social media pages.
Join our International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) for an informative and interactive class on breastfeeding. Taking a breastfeeding class prenatally will help prepare you to achieve a successful breastfeeding experience. During the class, we will discuss:
- Advantages of breastfeeding
- Breast anatomy
- Proper latching technique
- How to position and hold your baby for a more comfortable breastfeeding experience
- How to establish a good milk supply
- How to know if your baby is getting enough to eat
- How partners can participate in the breastfeeding experience
- Breast pumps
- Breastfeeding resources and support groups
- How to address the challenges of breastfeeding
Attendants will receive:
- Folder with important breastfeeding handouts
- Snacks and drinks will be provided
Mothers should take this class early in their third trimester and partners are encouraged to attend. Be sure to register early as our class size is extremely limited! This class is about 2.5 - 3 hours in length so please wear comfortable clothes.