Come join us in Cedar Park, Texas for our Newborn Class and be fully prepared for your little one. Your Newborn Care Class is taught by a Registered Nurse and teaches expectant parents who have little or no experience with babies about the basics of newborn care.This class is very interactive so be prepared to swaddle, burp, and diaper some baby dolls! We will discuss:
- Newborn appearance
- Newborn behavior & reflexes
- What to expect in the hospital
- Newborn testing procedures
- How to choose a Pediatrician
- Newborn baby care such as swaddling, soothing, diapering, bathing and feeding.
- Newborn safety including shaken baby syndrome, sudden infant death syndrome, car seat safety, and when to call the Pediatrician
This class is covered by insurance! Please call us at 512-765-9959 to register if you have United Healthcare, Aetna (exception: Aetna Premiere) and Tricare. For all other providers, a superbill will be provided for insurance reimbursement.
Attendants will receive:
- Folder with important breastfeeding handouts
- Snacks and drinks will be provided
Mothers should take this class early in their third trimester and partners are encouraged to attend. Be sure to register early as our class size is extremely limited! This class is about 2.5 - 3 hours in length so please wear comfortable clothes.
Cedar Park Regional Medical Center
Classroom 1 & 2 on the First Floor of the Hospital
(Enter the hospital and turn right once at Cafeteria. Turn left at the first hallway and class will be the first door on the left.)
1401 Medical Parkway
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
Serving: Austin, Round Rock, Leander, Georgetown, Cedar Park, Bee Caves, Lakeway, Pflugerville, Liberty Hill, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Temple, Williamson County, Travis County, Volente, Brushy Creek, Hutto, Taylor, Manor, Temple, Florence, Elgin
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST