NEW SATURDAY CLASS!
Live in Austin, Travis County or Williamson County and are expecting a baby? Come join us in Cedar Park, Texas for our Newborn Class and be fully prepared for your little one. Your Newborn Care Class is taught by a Registered Nurse and teaches expectant parents who have little or no experience with babies about the basics of newborn care.This class is very interactive so be prepared to swaddle, burp, and diaper some baby dolls! We will discuss:
- Newborn appearance
- Newborn behavior & reflexes
- What to expect in the hospital
- Newborn testing procedures
- How to choose a Pediatrician
- Newborn baby care such as swaddling, soothing, diapering, bathing and feeding.
- Newborn safety including shaken baby syndrome, sudden infant death syndrome, car seat safety, and when to call the Pediatrician
Attendants will receive:
- A Taking Care of Baby Guide. A special code on the Parent Guide will allow you to access videos and information from home.
- Folder with important breastfeeding handouts
- Snacks and drinks will be provided
Mothers should take this class early in their third trimester and partners are encouraged to attend. Be sure to register early as our class size is extremely limited! This class is about 2.5 - 3 hours in length so please wear comfortable clothes.
Cedar Park Regional Medical Center
3rd Floor Classroom
(Come off of elevators and take a left towards "Labor & Delivery". Classroom is first door on left.)
1401 Medical Parkway
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
Serving: Austin, Round Rock, Leander, Georgetown, Cedar Park, Bee Caves, Lakeway, Pflugerville, Liberty Hill, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Temple, Williamson County, Travis County, Volente, Brushy Creek, Hutto, Taylor, Manor, Temple, Florence, Elgin
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST