Our IBCLC will work with you to formulate an individualized plan for making a smooth transition back to work while maintaining your desired breastfeeding relationship. With a little advance planning and preparation, you can continue to provide your baby with the best nutrition...your breast milk...even while you are apart.
Please bring your pump! We will go over your pump and fit you for the correct flanges.
We will discuss:
- Strategies for Breastfeeding and Working
- Feeding Options
- Pumping Strategies and Tips for Maximizing Pumping Output
- Calculating How Much Milk You Will Need
- Creating a Pumping Schedule Specific to Your Situation
- Breast Milk Storage Guidelines
- How to Choose a Bottle
- Tips on Offering a Bottle to Your Breastfed Baby
The visit is approximately 1 hour in length. The ideal time for scheduling is dependent on mom's schedule for returning to work. Suggested time is between three weeks postpartum and a month prior to your return to work. We offer consults in-home, in-office, and by phone (click here) or video (click here).