A comprehensive class covering Newborn Care, Breastfeeding, Infant CPR and Car Seat Safety. Partners, parents, or anyone who will be caring for your baby are encouraged to attend. This class will be taught at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center. Pre-registration is required.
Cedar Park Regional Medical Center
Classroom 1 & 2 on the First Floor of the Hospital
(Enter the hospital and turn right once at Cafeteria. First hallway, turn left and we will be the first door on the left.)
1401 Medical Parkway
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
Newborn Care (60 minutes)
Learn the latest techniques and recommendations directly from a RN and Lactation Consultant.
- Newborn appearance
- Newborn behavior & reflexes
- What to expect in the hospital
- Newborn testing procedures
- How to choose a Pediatrician
- Newborn baby care such as swaddling, soothing, diapering, bathing and feeding
- Newborn safety including shaken baby syndrome, sudden infant death syndrome, and when to call the Pediatrician
Breastfeeding Basics (60 minutes)
After Newborn Care, our Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant will lead an informative and interactive class on breastfeeding. During the class, we will discuss:
- Advantages of breastfeeding
- Breast anatomy
- Proper latching technique
- How to position and hold your baby for a more comfortable breastfeeding experience
- How to establish a good milk supply
- How to know if your baby is getting enough to eat
- How partners can participate in the breastfeeding experience
- Breastfeeding resources and support groups
Infant CPR Basics (30 minutes)
After Breastfeeding, Infant CPR Basics will be taught by a Registered Nurse. She will teach preventative and life-saving information for infants up to 1 year of age. Our RN will discuss infant choking and demonstrate how to perform infant CPR using a mannequin.
Car Seat Safety by Diba Tillery (30 minutes)
Did you know that 75% of car seats are not properly installed and that 4 out of 5 children are not properly secured in their car seat? These are frightening statistics! In this class, you will learn:
- Car seat recommendations and the Law.
- How to choose a car seat that works best for your vehicle and your child.
- Important information from your car seat and vehicle’s instruction manual.
- How to secure your child in the car.
- How to install your car seat using LATCH.
- How to install your car seat using seat belt.
- Common car seat misuse.
Mothers should take this comprehensive class early in their third trimester. Partners, parents, or anyone who will be caring for your baby are encouraged to attend. This class is about 3 hours in length so please wear comfortable clothes.
Serving: Austin, Round Rock, Leander, Georgetown, Cedar Park, Bee Caves, Lakeway, Pflugerville, Liberty Hill, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Temple, Williamson County, Travis County, Volente, Brushy Creek, Hutto, Taylor, Manor, Temple, Florence, Elgin
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST
We learned so much at Baby Bootcamp! It really gave us a good idea of basics, but also which classes we might like to take for additional information.