Call 512-765-9959 to make your appointment today!
Breastfeeding doesn't always come naturally and can be very challenging in the early weeks. A lactation consultant can help you overcome these struggles and guide you on the road to reaching your breastfeeding goals. Online video consultations are available for families who do not live in the Austin area or for those with questions regarding:
- Proper positioning and latch.
- Breast and nipple pain, nipple trauma, mastitis, engorgement, plugged ducts, and thrush.
- Returning to work and pumping assistance including pump fit evaluation, making the most out of your breast pump, storage and handling of breast milk, pumping at work and your rights, pumping schedule for returning to work, tips on offering your baby a bottle.
- Special concerns such as adoption and induced lactation, lactation after infant loss, colic/reflux, food allergies/sensitivities, and unresolved fussiness.
- Baby weight concerns or milk supply concerns.
- Older baby concerns such as the ABC's of starting solids, nutrition/growth concerns, sleep concerns, distraction, and teething.
Payment for the consultation is required prior to the initiation of the conversation. Please call 512-765-9959 for questions.
Once you purchase your Video Lactation Consultation, an email will be sent (within 24 hours) containing forms that will need to be completed and returned prior to the consultation time in order to optimize your time with your lactation consultant. The email will also include options for available times to video chat with our IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant). Video consultations are scheduled on evenings Monday through Friday and all day Saturday & Sunday.
Video Consultations are one hour in length. Additional 30-minute increments are available as needed. Our experienced Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) will:
- Review mother and baby health history including birth and breastfeeding experience to date
- Evaluate baby’s feeding
- Provide a personalized written care plan (sent via email)
A 15-minute follow-up consultation is provided free of charge to evaluate progress. A more in-depth follow-up consultation may be necessary.
Video Consultation are done using VSee. Vsee is used instead of Skype because it is HIPAA compliant (a US privacy law). Download the free Vsee software here.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A $50.00 CANCELLATION FEE WITHOUT 24 HOUR NOTICE FOR ANY APPOINTMENTS.
Preparing For Your Breastfeeding Consultation
- Once you have purchased your lactation consultation, you will receive an email with the following forms attached which will need to be filled out and submitted BEFORE YOUR VISIT:
- BREASTFEEDING QUESTIONNAIRE FORM
- CONSULTATION CONSENT FORM
- Ensure that VSee is installed on your computer. Not familiar with VSee? It is a free download and a free service that allows you to make secure adn encrypted video calls. Here is the link, if you need to download it: VSee. You will also need a webcam, speakers and a microphone.
- Reply to our email and include your VSee name so we can connect at our appointed time.
- Please position your webcam so that our Lactation Consultant can watch your baby feed.
- Please have the supplies that you use to feed your baby (ex: breast friend pillow, nipple shield, etc.) available.
- If you are supplementing your baby, please have the supplement ready for the feeding.
- Your baby should be ready to feed for the consultation so please plan accordingly to ensure that a full feeding takes place at your appointment time. This means feeding your baby 1.5 - 2.5 hours before your consultation time.
***The Affordable Care Act of 2012 requires coverage of lactation consulting as a “Women’s Preventive Service.” Many health insurance companies reimburse for private lactation consultations. Please contact your insurance provider for specifics on your insurance coverage. My Pure Delivery provides reimbursement forms to submit to your health insurance provider.***