Once you have requested an appointment, one of our staff will reach out to schedule your appointment.
Or you can call 512-765-9959
**For information on prenatal consults, please click here **
Breastfeeding doesn't always come naturally and can be very challenging in the early weeks. An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) can help you overcome these struggles and guide you on the road to reaching your breastfeeding goals. Here are a few reasons to seek assistance from an IBCLC:
- Milk supply concerns including low milk supply, oversupply, and weaning support.
- Breast and nipple pain, nipple trauma, mastitis, engorgement, plugged ducts, and thrush.
- Returning to work and pumping assistance including pump fit evaluation, making the most out of your breast pump, storage and handling of breast milk, pumping at work and your rights, pumping schedule for returning to work, tips on offering your baby a bottle.
- Special concerns such as adoption and induced lactation, lactation after infant loss, colic/reflux, food allergies/sensitivities, unresolved fussiness, prematurity, multiples and tandem nursing and medical/anatomical issues.
- Baby weight concerns such as slow weight gain, poor growth, and supplemental feeds.
- Latch concerns such as infant not latching, suck dysfunction, oral motor issues, tongue/lip tie, structural concerns and breast or bottle refusal.
- Older baby concerns such as the ABC's of starting solids, nutrition/growth concerns, sleep concerns, distraction, teething and weaning.
What Does IBCLC Mean?
The International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) certification is recognized as the Gold Standard for health professionals working with breastfeeding women. IBCLCs have passed a fully accredited examination set by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE). Prerequisites for the board examination include thousands of hours of clinical work and educational credits in Anatomy & Physiology, Cultural Diversity, Psychology & Counseling, Child Development, and Nutrition. All IBCLCs are required to provide evidence-based lactation support and adhere to the IBLCE’s Professional Standards.
***The Affordable Care Act of 2012 requires coverage of lactation consulting as a “Women’s Preventive Service.” Many health insurance companies reimburse for private lactation consultations. Please contact your insurance provider for specifics on your insurance coverage. My Pure Delivery is in-network with Aetna, UnitedHealthcare, Tricare,
ARIA/Mediview, and BCBS. For all other insurance providers, a reimbursement form known as a superbill will be provided for you to submit to your health insurance provider.***
What Happens in a Lactation Visit?
- Mother and baby health history including birth and breastfeeding experience to date
- Physical assessment of mother’s breasts and baby’s oral anatomy
- Weight check for baby, including pre- and post-feeding weights
- A clinical evaluation of the baby’s feeding including hands-on assistance
- A written personalized care plan for you
- A written report for your healthcare providers (OB/GYN, midwife and pediatrician)
- And one 15-minute follow-up phone call
A Follow-Up Visit may be necessary or desired. Follow-up visits usually take 1 - 1.5 hours and include:
- Assessment of progress
- Weight check for baby, including pre- and post-feeding weights
- Re-evaluation and updating of care plan
- A report to the mother’s physician and/or baby’s pediatrician.
Telephone Lactation Consultation and/or Video Lactation Consultations are available for quick check-ins, going back to work and pump teaching, some simple latch issues, and for general breastfeeding questions. Click here to learn more about telephone consultations and click here to learn more about video consultations.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A $50.00 CANCELLATION FEE WITHOUT 24 HOUR NOTICE FOR ANY APPOINTMENTS.
1001 Cypress Creek Road
Cedar Park, Texas 78613
Preparing For Your Breastfeeding Consultation
- Once you have purchased your lactation consultation, a representative will reach out to you to schedule your appointment.
- You will receive an email with a link to intake forms to complete BEFORE YOUR VISIT:
- Please have the supplies that you use to feed your baby (ex: breast friend pillow, nipple shield, etc.). If needed, we offer Medela breastfeeding supplies which are available for purchase.
- If you are supplementing your baby, please bring enough breast milk or formula for a feeding.
- We encourage a support person to attend. Please feel free to bring a list of questions.
- Baby should arrive ready to feed for the consultation so please plan accordingly to ensure that a full feeding takes place at your appointment time. This means feeding your baby 1.5 - 2.5 hours before your consultation time.
Serving: Austin, Round Rock, Leander, Georgetown, Cedar Park, Bee Caves, Lakeway, Pflugerville, Liberty Hill, Jonestown, Lago Vista, Temple, Williamson County, Travis County, Volente, Brushy Creek, Hutto, Taylor, Manor, Temple, Florence, Elgin, Kyle, Buda, South Austin
Author : Diba Tillery RN, BSN, IBCLC, CPST
Not only is Diba so well educated on everything baby- she is such a kind and warm person. from the first day I met her I immediately felt at peace and comfortable. I was in the hospital just a few days after giving birth (4 weeks early)- my milk had come in and I was experiencing really bad engorgement pain. Diba spent an hour in my room helping me through the engorgement and teaching me what to do. A god-send. A few weeks later my husband and I took her infant CPR class- which was a great investment. We feel so much more confident taking care of our little man.
Most recently I had an office consultation with Diba to help with my low production breast feeding. She shared so much compassion and understanding for the struggles I have faced, and took time to make a comprehensive plan that would work for both me and my son. Only a week later and my milk production has doubled!
So grateful to have met Diba that day in the hospital- I highly recommend her to anyone out there who is breastfeeding!
I was having a lot of breastfeeding issues from bad latch, pain and my baby was not gaining enough weight. I called Diba as a "last resort" before going to formula because everything was going wrong for me. She was my saving grace. I finally got my son to latch correctly and she gave so much help. I no longer have to use any formula and even have a good freezer stash of breastmilk. Something I would have never dreamed of. She also even have follow up reports to my son's pediatrician which was above and beyond what I expected. Thank you Diba for all your help. She was worth every penny spent for her consultations.
I saw Diba for lactation services and she was so helpful and sweet. She seems to have a genuine passion for what she does. I wouldn't have been able to nurse for as long as I did without her help. Being a new mom and nursing can both be hard at times so I would definitely encourage all new moms to get support. My Pure Delivery is an awesome source of support and a great addition to the community.
I first saw Diba when my baby was a few days old, I had started supplementing at the advice of my Ped due to my baby's weight loss and dehydration. I wasn't ready to give up on breastfeeding but was nervous about being judged - I should never have worried! Diba was so supportive and encouraging, she helped me understand the physical reasons my milk was slow to arrive and gave me a plan to fix it. Following her plan, I was able to quit using formula completely within 2 weeks. Months later I truly think she is the reason I have been successful breastfeeding. I am so grateful for her help.
I read all of the "what to expect" type books during pregnancy, and paid little mind to breastfeeding. I thought that breastfeeding would be a cinch. Not so! When our LO arrived five weeks early, I was caught way off guard. I found breastfeeding to be much more challenging than I expected, and finally acquiesced to professional support after trying to handle it all on my own. Diba was a God send! She helped calm my nerves about my premie, who I feared was not getting enough to eat. My LO had a narrow latch and constantly fell asleep on the breast. I also had concerns about going back to work after 6 weeks with my supply being lower, and my LO not performing at the level of his full term peers. Diba's experience with NICU babies was a great comfort to me as she guided me through the whirlwind of emotions as a new mom and helped me train my LO to get him breastfeeding on track. I am happy to report my LO has a full belly and is happy as a lark....well, after he eats anyway. :) If you're shopping at My Pure Delivery, be sure to get some of the Milk Makers lactation cookies mix and the Mother's Milk tea. I treat myself on a daily basis using Diba's recommendation to enjoy a delicious cookie and a cup of tea to have a "me moment". It's a great way to take the edge off and boost up the supply. Thank you so much Diba!!
I originally called Diba for her experience as a NICU nurse to help make sure I was doing all the right things with our preemie. I had received excellent lactation consultant services while we were in the NICU at a different hospital, but Diba's guidance went far beyond my expectations. What stood out for me is how she not only did the basics of her job and got our LO's latch improved in a fee short minutes, she provided insights into how to properly care for and monitor the growth of our preemie. She also came to our session prepared with everything I needed to get my insurance to reimburse me for the consultation. When I learned about her new storefront at Cedar Park hospital, I knew this lady had a healthy ambition to reach more of us new moms, a place that will surely compliment her compassionate nature. I highly recommend Diba, and her company's services!
Diba is a talent. She made a house call when I was beside myself and 5 days postpartum, by the time she left I felt confident and reassured. My baby was having trouble gaining weight due to poor latch and falling asleep at the breast, she was also quite fussy due to my (unconscious) bad habits- but Diba thoroughly and compassionately helped work out all of the kinks. Now my baby is happy, thriving, and getting deliciously plump from my breast milk. I would recommend her service to anyone.
Diba is professional, knowledgeable, and truly listens to your concerns. She is very thorough and make you feel totally at ease. If you're having issues with feeding, or want to shop for all things maternity, don't hesitate. Give her a call or stop by-You won't regret it!
Diba helped me with breast feeding my premature son for the first time in the NICU. She put me at ease and reassured me when he wasn't latching. We had such a great experience with a breast pump rental from her also. The process was easy and the price was reasonable.