My Pure Delivery has teamed up with Cedar Park Pediatric & Family Medicine to provide a comprehensive class covering newborn basics, breastfeeding and car seat safety. This class will be taught at Cedar Park Pediatric & Family Medicine newest location off of Ronald Reagan Boulevard. Pre-registration is required.
13625 Ronald Reagan Blvd. Bldg. 6
Cedar Park, TX 78613
Newborn Care by Dr. Moore
Expectant families will get to meet the incredible Dr. Lindsey Moore who will discuss caring for your newborn in the first weeks of life. Dr. Moore is a Pediatrician and just completed her exam to become an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC). Get to know Dr. Moore here.
Parents will learn the inside scoop directly from a Pediatrician and will have time for a Q&A. Topics will include:
- What to expect after delivery
- Tips for selecting a pediatrician, how to notify your pediatrician after baby arrives and when to see your pediatrician after hospital discharge.
- Rounding services and hospitalist care
- What to expect in the newborn check and well checks
- Jaundice: What is it? How do we test for it? Why do we care?
- Daily care for your newborn
- Bathing, Cord care, Circumcision
- Temperature - when to call
- Sleeping and your newborn
- How much should my newborn be sleeping?
- Why is my newborn so fussy? Normal reasons why your newborn may be fussy, and when to be concerned
- When my baby cries, how do I know if something is wrong?
Breastfeeding by Diba Tillery
After newborn basics, our International Board Certified Lactation Consultant will take over for an informative and interactive class on breastfeeding. During the class, we will discuss:
- Advantages of breastfeeding
- Breast anatomy
- Proper latching technique
- How to position and hold your baby for a more comfortable breastfeeding experience
- How to establish a good milk supply
- How to know if your baby is getting enough to eat
- How partners can participate in the breastfeeding experience
- Breastfeeding resources and support groups
Attendants will receive:
- A Breastfeeding Parent Guide. A special code on the Parent Guide will allow you to access videos and information from home.
- Folder with important breastfeeding handouts
- Snacks and drinks will be provided
Car Seat Safety by Diba Tillery
Did you know that 75% of car seats are not properly installed and that 4 out of 5 children are not properly secured in their car seat? These are frightening statistics! In this class, you will learn:
- Car seat recommendations and the Law.
- How to choose a car seat that works best for your vehicle and your child.
- Important information from your car seat and vehicle’s instruction manual.
- How to secure your child in the car.
- How to install your car seat using LATCH.
- How to install your car seat using seat belt.
- Common car seat misuse.
Mothers should take this class early in their third trimester and partners are encouraged to attend. This class is about 4 hours in length so please wear comfortable clothes.